Sunday, March 28, 2010

We aren't singing....

"We are Champions," but we are are super excited that the team picked up second place in their first pre-season play tournament. We really entered the tournament thinking it would be great pre-season practice, so to play well was icing on the cake. We ended up playing the Sperry Pirates, which we beat in our first game of pool play for the championship. Unlike, yesterday, they brought their "A" game today. Something you don't often see in 6U baseball is a kid catching a pop fly. Jax had a pretty big hit and a player from the other team actually caught it. When Jax was told he was out, he was very confused and disappointed that he didn't get to run the bases.

While a couple of the kids were disappointed not to win it all, Jax and Baylor were just excited to find out that second place winners would receive a team trophy and medals. Even though it was a windy, cold weekend, it's pretty safe to say the boys had a great time playing ball. I know I enjoyed it and I am very excited for baseball season, even though it means I will probably be meeting myself coming and going. At times I think "we" parents get a little more into the game than they actually do. It's a hoot to watch them actually get excited when they make a play but then in the next breath stand there with the ball not knowing what to do next; All the while parents and grandparents are all yelling and shaking their heads in frustration. I'm sure any ordinary on looker would be laughing at all of us. Below, Jax poses with a couple of his BFF's, Evan and Layne. They are not only teammates but classmates. I have a feeling it's going to be a fun season for them.No time to rest! Regular season play begins tomorrow night. The boys will be playing on Monday and Tuesday evenings. Unfortunately, Delaney has dance on Monday evenings, so when they play the early Monday night games, I won't be able to be there. I am more than a little sad about that but know that's just a part of life and I have a feeling it won't be our only scheduling conflict, as we have yet to receive Delaney's softball schedule. Oh, it's going to be a hectic spring!

post signature

No comments: