Friday, August 7, 2009

August...in with a Bang

Monday, I ventured back to my classroom to begin the set up for a new year, and when I returned home there was a huge hole in my backyard. Finally... the pool crew had arrived (just a couple of weeks late).

Tuesday, I took the boys to see a movie and then the kids spent the rest of the afternoon watching phase two.
By Thursday, we had a pool filled with water.

It's been a busy week at work, and I am already missing the leisurely days of summer. Today, I sipped my coffee in bed and tried to enjoy my last day of summer vacation. We had planned to go swimming, but it didn't work out because the Electrician, who was running electric to the pool pump, took most of the day. The kids were disappointed. They decided they wanted to play with playdough but most of our playdough was dried up, so in an effort to keep everyone entertained and happy, I searched the internet for a playdough recipe. The trick was finding one with ingredients we had in the house. We settled on an edible recipe made with peanut butter. Jax had to lick it right away. I have to say it didn't taste bad, but for the most part, they stuck to playing with it.

And so that's how we ended our summer vacation. We stayed in our PJ's until afternoon, played, made a huge mess, and finally ended our day with a trip to the grocery store. Nothing big but then again...sometimes those are the best moments.




Here's my favorite moment from the day (We are having grilled cheese sandwhiches for lunch)

Baylor: Mom, are grilled cheeses, girly? Are only girls suppose to eat grilled cheese? (this is when I realize he thinks they are called GIRLED Cheese)

Me: I explain that it is a GRILLED cheese. I spelled it, sounded it out, and show them that you Grill it on the stove, therefore it is a GRILLED cheese.

Now this didn't really surprise me all that much, as this is the kid who also still says, Hoscume instead of costume, Tokoyo's Gardens instead of Tokoyo Garden etc. However, a few minutes later to my surprise, I hear Delaney, our little explainer of the universe, telling Baylor that mommy use to call them, Girled Cheese and now calls them Grilled cheese. She changed the name of them!
post signature



1 comment:

April said...

we are so going to have to come take a dip in that pool...looks awesome!