Saturday, August 29, 2009

Almost 6

Yes, almost...not quite. It seems like yesterday they were turning 5 and here we are celebrating another. Five has been an incredible year. I think I was so sad last year, because I just couldn't believe my babies had grown up. Well , they are growing up but they still manage to be so darn cute at times, say the funniest things (at least I think so) and love to cuddle. Life is certainly never dull; it seems to just take us to new places. This was the party thrown together in a weeks time. Earlier in the year, we had decided that there would be no party this year, but once we decided to put in the pool, we felt we had free entertainment. But then has the date approached and we were faced with several pool delays, I felt it just wouldn't be possible. I was in favor of calling it all off, with just a small celebration with grandparents, but Rick was insistent that we move forward with the party as planned. In the end we compromised somewhat to invite just a few friends and family. In the event that the pool wasn't ready, I was extremely nervous about entertaining a large crowd of children.Rick and my brother worked extremely hard this week to get the backyard back in shape and ready for today. I decided not to do three cakes this year and opted to try and combine our interest for a Disney Hollywood theme. I have to admit I was kind of disappointed as this is not exactly how I had ordered the cake but the kids didn't seem to notice.And after all of their hard work it was another mild August day leaving the water somewhat chilly. The kids seem to split their time between the pool and the play set.





The kids had been quite insistent for some time now that their next birthday party include a pinata.


In the end, we manged to entertain the crew with some good old fashion backyard party fun. Hopefully by next year, we will have our patio finished and better equipped, so we can invite more of our friends.

Uncle Patrick and Aunt Julie gave the kids their first fishing poles with the promise to take them fishing. Now our poor kids will get some much needed real experience versus only the virtual iPhone version. As soon as most of of the guest had left, they decided to practice casting into the pool.

Last pictures of day and I finally got some genuine smiles! We capped off our day with a trip to Wal-Mart, where they used their birthday cash to purchase the much anticipated Nintendo DSi's. It was a great celebration and the kids are looking forward to vacation, but I think they still have no idea of what is to come.

post signature

No comments: