Sunday, April 5, 2009

Taste of Spring

Only in Oklahoma can it be 75 degrees one day and below 40 the next but that would pretty much sum up this weekend. Saturday, we took full advantage of the sunshine by spending most of the day outside.Much to my surprise, I found the kids slithering around the house with their toy water guns. It didn't take me long to realize they were playing Indiana Jones and I realized all that they had learned from their latest movie craze. I immediately gave them the talk about guns and Jax said, "mom....I know... this is only pretend."



We practiced a little hitting for baseball and then they wanted play some family football.

The kids practiced their talent. Delaney can really hula, but she also knows it. We took the training wheels off of her bike while her confidence was high, but the wind made it difficult to balance. We'll have to try another day.



Rick fired up the grill for the first time. Uncle Patrick and Aunt Julie joined us for dinner.

Days like this are the best. Bring on the heat, sunshine, and flip flops. We are ready for spring!

1 comment:

April said...

Now I want to get out and have some fun after looking at those pictures.It is so cold now...we will be staying in until Vivi is a little older :)