Monday, January 19, 2009

Mama's Not Ready for the Tooth Fairy

Today was our second visit to the dentist and everyone scored a perfect check-up. I can't go without mentioning that we go to Family Smiles Dentistry in Broken Arrow. Dr. Evan and his staff are beyond amazing. Everyone treats the kids like royalty and know exactly how to connect with them. They make taking three kids to the dentist easier than a walk in the park.
.



I was however shocked when the assistant told me that Delaney had two loose teeth. Being the emotional person that I am, I thought I was going to shed tears. I know it's ridiculous but it seems like they are getting more grown up everyday and this was just another reminder. The assistant told me that kids are losing them even earlier these days, and it was perfectly normal. Jax has one very slightly loose tooth. Nothing for Baylor yet, but that's not surprising as he was the last to get teeth. While I can barely remember the first year of their life as it was such a blur, I can remember the two's and cutting molars. It always seemed like one of them was teething so we gave them teething tablets or as they referred to them as T-T's. Before long, they asked for them each night as a part of their bedtime ritual. Seems like yesterday...

1 comment:

Shannon Koeninger said...

Quentin lost a tooth during church yesterday - he had his first visit from the tooth fairy last night. If you had been sitting behind instead of in front of us, you would have seen the drama. I was very sad.....it definitely seems too early!