Saturday, January 17, 2009

Baby Tag

One of my blogging goals this year was to journal my pre-blogging days and at the top of that list was to document my pregnancy. So, I guess participating in this tag is a start.

1. Were you married at the time? Yes
2. What were your reactions when you first found out you were pregnant? Disbelief... I even thought the pregnancy test might have been old. I think I was afraid to get to excited but underneath I was ecstatic and so relieved to think that we had finally did it. But, I took a second home test just to be certain. Now, finding out I was having triplets is a completely different story in itself.
3. How old were you? 27 and 28 when I delivered
4. How did you find out? Since we had gone to great lengths to get pregnant, it certainly wasn't a complete surprise. I however was certain I wasn't pregnant so I had been refusing to take a test. Finally driving home from work one day, I realized I was indeed a few days late so I took a home pregnancy test & PRAYED.
5. Who did you tell first? I called Rick at work and said, "you were right, and I was wrong." The only time I have been happy to say that. :) It didn't take long for the word to spread as family was anxiously waiting.
6. Did you want to know the sex? Absolutely...I am a planning freak!
7. Due Date? I didn't really have one. October 16th would have been 40 weeks but my doctors took it one week at a time and in the early stages hoped I would make it to 28 weeks. Everything after that they said was icing on the cake. The unknown was very hard on the "planning" me.
8. Did you deliver late/early or on-time? 35 weeks...a real miracle!
9. Did you have morning sickness? Dreadful round the clock sickness but evenings were the worst. Thank God for the miracle drug, Zofran!
10. What did you crave? EVERYTHING...Pepsi early in my pregnancy to settle my stomach & pretty much any large quantity of food towards the end. I ate a ton of cheese and as weird as it sounds I really liked Charlie's Chicken.
11. Who/What irritated you the most? not being able to be a "normal" mother to be & bedrest
12. What was your first child's sex? Technically, baby boy C was delivered first.
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout your pregnancy? little over 30 pounds
14. Did you have any complications during pregnancy? Bedrest at 26 weeks due to pressure on cervix. I had to monitor my contractions twice a day and check my blood pressure, but it could have been much worse.
15. Where did you give birth? St. Francis Hospital, Tulsa
16. How many hours were you in labor? got lucky here..none
17. Who drove you to the hospital? Rick
18. Who watched? Rick
19. Was it natural or c-section? c-section
20. Did you take any medication to ease the pain? Yes, I wasn't completely nuts.
21. What did your child weigh? 4.4, 4.8, & my big girl...4.10 ounces
22. Did your child have any complications? Normal complications for preemies, including sleep apnea. Jax had the most difficulty after birth and had to be fed through an IV. I didn't get to hold him until he was 2.5 days old.
23. What did you name them? Jaxon Wayne, Delaney Lillian, & Baylor James
24. How old are your first born today? 5...I can't believe my babies are this old. Sometimes I want to freeze time, but then everyday turns into a new adventure.

I was tagged by April. You can read all about her cute adorable little guy Austin. I tag Faith & Shannon and anyone else who wants to join the fun.

No comments: