Monday, September 1, 2008

The Official End of Summer

Labor Day is the official end of the summer, but for me the summer ended a month ago. I love summer. I love everything about summer, the warm weather, pool, grilling, etc. I have to admit that I also enjoy summer because I'm not working. I'm never thrilled to have those summer days come to an end and return to work, but once I am there everything falls into place, I welcome back routine, and look forward to fall. This year it has been a struggle for me. My first couple of weeks back, I felt absolutely exhausted. I could already feel our lives becoming one big rush once again. I think to add to my blahs....is the fact that I know my kids are turning five soon. Life seems to be passing ever so quickly. Not only is summer gone, but the era of my life involving babies and toddlers has come to an end.
We marked the end of summer by enjoying some of our favorite summer past times. Sunday after church, we spent time playing dress up and recital. On Monday, we went to the pool for a few hours and grilled burgers that evening.

The life guard remarked about how Baylor had no fear as he was the first to go off the diving board today. It seemed ironic as he is the one who began the summer with the most fear of the water. He is such a different kid today.
Today the kids learned how to float to the bottom of the pool. They were not able to retrieve a penny, but Baylor was getting pretty good at getting a diving ring.
Yes, the "Woody" costume is just a little small. After all, that was our costume at 3!

So from this moment on, I am going to look forward to all the wonderful things that I love about fall: the great weather, football season, and pumpkin patches. Our calendar is already full. And, I am also going to work on looking forward to welcoming the next chapter in our lives and the next five years.

No comments: