Saturday, September 20, 2008

Pioneer Day

Skiatook's event of the year was held this weekend. It began with a carnival Friday night, followed by a parade on Saturday. This is our second year to attend the carnival. We always go to the carnival on Friday night, because it's less crowded than after the parade, but mostly because on opening night, they sell wrist bands that allow you to ride the rides as many times as you wish. So for $75.00, the price of three wrist bands, the kids were able to enjoy three hours of fun. They must have rode most of the close to ten times. We intended to get our money's worth. The cost is rediculous, but I would much rather take them to a small carnival with no lines than take them to the fair. (So far they don't even know the fair exsists). Besides, carnivals are just a part of childhood and I can deny them those memories.

We attended the carnival with my friend Carole's little girl, Grace. Grace is 10 days younger than the my kiddos. Carole and I have been friends since college and lived together for close to five years. When I got married, it felt like some sort of "break-up". It's so cute to see our kids bonding these days. Jax and Delaney thought they would like the Octupus. However, after one ride, Jax came off holding his stomach like he was going to throw up.
The gang riding the tilt- a -whirl. I don't know how they can ride this ride so much. Usually, one time makes me feel ill. Uncle Patrick showed up at the carnival and they felt the need to wave to him every time they zoomed around.

No comments: