Sunday, August 1, 2010

It's August

No need to look at the calendar; one step outside in the sweltering heat or a visit to any store with a plethora of isles devoted to school supplies and back packs and you know August has arrived. We've certainly enjoyed our lazy days of summer and as usual I am sad to see it end. The past seven or eight weeks have been void of scheduled children's extra-curricular activities and it's been a nice break. As much as the kids enjoy sleeping in and swimming, I think they are beginning to get a little restless and are becoming excited about school.

Tomorrow we will kiss our commitment free evenings goodbye, as the boys have their first football practice and Delaney has cheer. Tonight, Rick spent time molding the boys mouth pieces and trying on their gear. Let's just say, I am very thankful for my husband because I wouldn't have had a clue as to what all needed to be done.
The boys are super psyched about playing football. Baylor had to check himself out in the mirror. They were very reluctant to take off their gear. I'm betting a few minutes out in the heat tomorrow and their tune may change a bit.

No comments: