Thursday, July 22, 2010

Taking the Plunge

As we entered the park on Day 2, the Sky coaster immediately caught Rick's eye. You are hoisted up 180 feet, and then free fall for several feet before swinging out. Many years ago, I did this with my BFF on a spring break trip to South Padre Island. While I remember being a little scared, overall it was an exhilarating experience at 21. Fast forward to the age of 34 and it wasn't nearly as appealing. However, my husband for many years has tried to get me to participate in some thrilling adventure with him and after much coaxing on this trip, I finally caved. I told him I would be expecting something big for our anniversary this year! It's amazing how you change over a course of 10+ years. As I stepped out on the platform, fear gripped me and I was near tears. I couldn't believe what I had agreed to. This time it was more of a 'let me live through this thing' experience. I had a death grip on Rick and my petrified look here pretty much says it all.
As we were hoisted up, I pretty much shut my eyes this time around, only opening for small glimpses. I'm sure my husband can't believe I ever did this. He was really good to me and tried to calm me along the way. Here we are hanging 180 feet in the air, where I told him, a Coach purse was in my future, to which he agreed.

After the initial plunge, I managed to settle in and enjoy the experience. It is something I won't soon forget and I am glad this time around, I shared it with my husband. It's often said that love is an action rather than a feeling. Honey, I hope this spoke to you loud and clear this day!


post signature

No comments: