Saturday, May 29, 2010

Hello, sUmMeR!

I spent the first few days of summer vacation, playing catch up on several things I had neglected over the past month. We were also busy with recital prep, but by Friday it was time to get serious about summer. I asked the kids what they wanted to do for the day, and they all insisted on going to the library and then getting ice cream afterwards. We stopped at Skoozies, once last year and who knew that would be one of their favorite memories. After our outing, we finally enjoyed some pool time. The kids had a blast. I think this was one of the first days that they had really enjoyed their pool for any length of time. Before, it's been so cold that it was more of a quick dip. I had to make them get out and then they've been constantly wanting to get back in. I keep reminding them that we have all summer to swim.


They have set some high goals for reading. The boys want to read 40 books each and Delaney wants to read 200!!!








Can you see my name printed on this chair? I anticipate many days here. Yes, it's going to be a GrEaT sUmMeR!


post signature

1 comment:

April said...

I may have to come borrow that chair to work on my tan!