Saturday, May 8, 2010

According to My Children

In honor of Mother's Day, I've already been showered with love. I am the proud owner of three "mom" key chains, a coupon booklet, and some very special cards, which they made at school. The cards are priceless and inside held the following information:

My mom is______years old.

J:23 (he's always been secretly my favorite. Just kidding!)

D:34

B: 44

Her name is _____.

J: Tammy

D: Tammay

B: Tammy

My mom always says__________.

J: I love you

D: I love you

B: I love you (awww....I'm glad they know they are loved)

My mom really loves___________.

J:me

D: me

B: to workout (I wish this were true).

My mom and I like to __________.

J: watch movies


D: go shopping


B: watch ball games on t.v. (We really don't do this and he even admitted later that he just didn't know what to write. I think I need to do more one-on-one things with my boys).

My mom watches__________________ on t.v.

J: the weather

D: American Idol

B: the weather (I really don't watch a lot of television but if I do it's not until they are asleep, so I guess the weather is the only thing they see me watch).

My mom cooks the best___________.

J: tacos!

D: macaroni

B: tacos

My mom is beautiful because___________.

J: of make-up

D: she is

B: of her eyes

My mom likes to eat_______.

J: tacos

D: a lot of things (true!)

B: coffee and toast

Of course I won't forget some of our conversations of the week. I can always count on Delaney to tell me like it is:

Scene: Wednesday...trying to catch a few rays by the pool

B: mom, you are looking tan.

D: well, I think your legs are looking kind of fat.

me: Thanks, Delaney.

D: Well, I'm just sayin...

Scene 2: This morning I had returned from a quick run to the grocery store. I was wearing some cropped yoga pants and a t-shirt.

D: What are you wearing? It's kind of crazy.







I'm so blessed to have these silly kiddos and husband. I can't imagine my life without them.


post signature

No comments: