Saturday, April 3, 2010

What to Wear

I try to begin the kids Easter attire shopping early. I usually find a dress for Delaney and then search for something for the boys to wear. This year, after spending time searching online and spending a few weekends hitting our favorite stores, we came up empty handed. Nothing seemed to really jump out at me; it seemed that everything was a repeat of something we had done or it was just okay. It's hard to settle for just okay, when I truly consider that usually it's a dress that she wears for Easter and then thereafter she might wear again once. I absolutely loved her dress from last year, but it was cold and rainy and she only wore it to church. The year before, it was chilly and she was sick. We didn't even wear our Easter wear on Easter. Finally, I gave up and decided to go with a very simple jumper with bright Easter like print, paired with leggings and cardigan in preparation for chilly weather.

And, what do ya know? It looks as if we might actually see a beautiful, warm Easter. This evening, I began to regret my decision to go simple and wishing I would have searched a little harder. Will, I be the mom, that appears to have forgotten Easter? Then my mind began obsessing over their Easter baskets and what I should've or could've done. I had to stop myself. While pretty dresses, colored eggs, and baskets make Easter fun, they certainly shouldn't be the focus. I feel a bit ashamed. I'm sure God only wishes he could have had such simple parenting woes. Instead, he had to sacrifice his SON so that all his children would have hope of eternal life. Tonight, I'm certainly thanking God for his Grace and setting my mind on what Easter is truly about.

post signature

No comments: