Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Click, Click, Click

What's so sweet about that sound? It's the sound of my children buckling THEMSELVES into the car. For six and half years, I have been responsible for buckling three children. I suppose I didn't think much of it until the past year or so when I realized they should be able to complete this task themselves. In the Tahoe, it wasn't really feasible to use our third row on a daily basis, as there was no easy way to get to the third row without opening the back hatch. The kids boosters were so closely placed together on the second row. They could easily unbuckle themselves but buckling up in such close quarters was even difficult for me at times. With much aggravation, I mentioned almost on a weekly basis as I was rushing around to get everyone in the car and buckled every morning, "I can't wait till you can buckle yourself in!"

About a year ago, when we began thinking about purchasing a new vehicle, I didn't have any fancy requirements. As sad as it sounds, my only want was something with captain's chairs and a third row. We really hadn't planned to purchase a new vehicle until fall, but after seeing some great incentives for the month of April on the Traverse, Rick decided to place the Tahoe for sale. I had silent reservations, thinking we had enough on our plates without trying to sell a vehicle, but we actually had a serious buyer within 30 minutes of placing it on Craigs List, who handed us cash two hours later. My husband then managed to get me a very sweet deal on a car the next day. I can't think of anything that has ever worked so easily for us. And, if I haven't mentioned it, I really love my new car!

post signature

No comments: