Thursday, December 17, 2009

Party, Party, Party!

I managed to escape work for a few hours so I could attend the kids Christmas Party. This required some extra miles on my part, but it was well worth it. This is when I feel so fortunate to have them in the same class. The kids sang some tunes and then totally rocked it out for, "Run, Run, Rudolph"!

Here is Jax with a mouthful of food and his good friend, Evan. It's fun to see the kids in their school environment and find out what's been going on in their world. Last Thursday, Delaney performed her Christmas Dance as a solo for the entire class. Their teacher reports that the class is just in awe of her talent, and her brothers are her biggest fans. She has since obliged them with a performance almost every day. While I was there, her song began to play and a little boy walked up to her and said, "Delaney's this is your dance song!" We are once again very blessed to have a teacher who seems to bring out the very best in each of them.
After a little party food, I was to help the kids make ginger bread houses. At first, I feared that assisting all three at once might be quite a task, but they did an awesome job. They covered small milk cartons, which turned out to be fairly simple. I tried to be hands off and just let them do it as they wished while following the teachers guidelines. However, I did frustrate Jax as I tried to show him how to place the graham crackers around the carton to build the house. He saw no need for the graham crackers and wanted to skip straight to yellow gum drops.




post signature

No comments: