Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Different Christmas Eve

For the past few days, it seems that everyone has been wishing for a white Christmas. Well, I think some are getting more than they bargained for. It's blizzard conditions and for me while the snow is pretty and I am excited that the kids will have a white Christmas, I am a little sad that the weather hampered some of our family members from traveling. This is probably the first Christmas Eve in my life time that I haven't spent with my extended family. It was a much smaller gathering. Luckily, my mom, brother, and my cousin from Sand Springs made the drive safely. We still had lots of great food and a fun evening, but we missed Grandma, Aunts, Uncles, cousins and the fun of having a house full of people.

I am so thankful for my little gifts...

The kids made paper chains at school to count down the days until Christmas and Delaney has faithfully pulled one off every morning as she got out of bed. They are super excited about Santa's arrival and have been talking about it all day. Jax is just most certain that Santa is bringing him a crayola maker and has already planned his day for tomorrow.
Snow or not, we had to leave some food for the reindeer. They are also sure that Rudolph is going to be needed more than ever tonight to guide Santa's sleigh in the blizzard.

Two oatmeal raisin cookies, an Oreo ball, and some milk await Santa.

Between the snow and Santa's upcoming visit, they were very excited and had a little trouble settling down, but Delaney realized that time passes much faster when you are sleeping! So, they are now nestled snug in their beds while visions of games, and crayola makers dance in their heads.

post signature

No comments: