Saturday, December 19, 2009

Guilty Grins

This evening, shortly after I stepped out of the shower, I was greeted with three quiet, yet smiling faces. This was obviously strange, so I asked, "What are you doing?"

I received some quick, oh nothings, with even bigger grins that looked back and forth at one another. At this point, my mind begins to immediately think that they either accidentally tore open a gift as they were snooping under the tree or maybe even deliberately peeked into one. I said, "You guys look really guilty about something."

Immediately, Jax begin to spill all. Apparently, they had got into a popcorn tin which a student had given me as a gift and ate some popcorn. Of course I didn't really care, and was probably a bit relieved to know all the presents were in tact under the tree. What surprised me most was how they really thought they had done something really sneaky. At that point, I could only grin myself.

I'm sure one of these days they will figure out how to really do something sneaky and truly keep it a secret so I'll just enjoy their innocence for now.

post signature

No comments: