Saturday, December 19, 2009

Guess Who?

This morning, Delaney came to me and said, "Look at me. I'm just as perfect as a Christmas present. Who do I look like?"

I knew exactly who she reminded me of but wasn't sure where she was going with her declaration. She proudly exclaimed how she looked like, Grandpa Ron. She exclaimed, "He always wore bows on his head. Right, mom?"

This of course warmed my heart but also was a reminder that she will never truly know her Grandpa Ron but to her he will always be the goofy guy with bows on his head. (My dad was not one to have his picture taken , so some of the only photographs are typically of him on holidays and he was notorious for placing the bow on his head). What has always saddened me most is that my dad never had the opportunity to know his grandchildren. Well, I guess this is Delaney's big shout out to her Grandpa. I know without a doubt that this little girl would have had him wrapped in so many ways.

No comments: