Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fairytale

Recently, I came in contact with an old friend who I would guess was shocked to find out I had triplets. In fact her response was, "What a fairytale." I thought that was a unique way of putting it. I've heard a lot of things, but that was not one of them.

Today, my life probably would have appeared to be anything but happily ever after. Rick and I went to the bedlam baseball game last night and the kids stayed with my mom. It was quite obvious early in the day that they didn't sleep well away from home. We had a baseball game this morning, which further wore them out. While there were moments of happiness today, there were equally as many unhappy ugly moments. You name it, if it wasn't going their way, they cried about it. Seemed like they couldn't look at each other without name calling and having a meltdown. And, I can't begin to count the number of times I heard, "Mooomm!" in a highly urgent irritated tone. There were many times today that I could have certainly pulled my hair out, and I wish I could say that I always responded with kindness and patience, but that would be a lie. I can however, honestly say I kept thinking, Thank you God for allowing me to be a mother.

I am always especially mindful around this time of the year of what a blessing from God I have received. I still remember how it felt to wonder if I would ever experience the gift of children. I have close friends and family struggling to begin the family they so desire. I pray that God will soon answer their prayers and that He will give them comfort and faith as only He can.

Jax, Delaney, & Baylor,

I know you only view your pictures on this blog, but one day you will be able to read all of this. I want you to know what a truly precious gift you are to me and how each of you have blessed me in ways beyond my imagination. You are on EVERYDAY.... my fairytale.

1 comment:

April said...

So sweet! It is a fairytale we just forget when our kids are screaming and whining all day. Austin had one of those days yesterday after returning from his Nana's. So happy for you...your kiddos are beautiful and lucky to have you as their mom.