Saturday, May 9, 2009

Busted

A couple of days ago, Delaney and Jax were playing their version of "American Idol" where Delaney was a rock star. Of course they had been running to tell me things every few minutes and of course I played along with their little game. One time, Delaney came to me and launched into a story at the same time I received a text. So, I attempted to multi -task by listening to her and read the text at the same time. But, guess she was onto me because all of the sudden she stated, "mom, repeat what I just said." I was caught. I knew it had something to do with her Dad and Tuesday and Wednesday, but I didn't know the details. I tried to make something up and play a little stupid but she basically told me, "now listen to my words this time."

Miss Smarty Pants later in the evening was taking her bath and wanted to ask her dad a question. I told her it would be a second because he was busy. (As you can imagine with three kids, I do say this quite often). She informed me, "you say that all the time, but it is never a second. It's more like and hour or at least a minute!"

No comments: