Saturday, February 7, 2009

Flash Back: Answered Prayers

Six years ago today our prayers were answered. After taking a blood test early that morning, a nurse from the doctors office called to inform me that I was very much pregnant. I was so excited to hear "pregnant" that I didn't really catch the "very much." She proceeded to tell me that my hormone level was at a ???. (I can't remember the exact hormones that she was referring to and I can't remember the exact number. I do remember calculating it much later and it was 4 times the normal amount.) At this time, I was in a state of euphoria and had lost all common sense. I asked her what that meant and she said, "Well, we could be looking at more than one," and she stated the normal range. I thought more than one.... she must be referring to twins. We scheduled my first ultrasound appointment but then she called back shortly after to tell me that Dr. Sims said he wanted to see me as soon as possible and we scheduled the ultrasound for around week 9. Honestly, none of this alarmed me. The bells just weren't going off.

We quickly informed our family of our news and shared that there was a possibility that it could be more than one. Our family was more than thrilled with the thought of twins, but I kept saying, "Let's just pray for one; I just don't think I can carry twins." I guess God was going to teach me the lesson in "can't." So, for the next few weeks we would live in oblivion and enjoyed the excitement of having A baby.

No comments: