Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

Rick decided that he needed to get the kids something for Valentine's Day just from "him." So, the night before Valentine's Day, he made a run to Wal-Mart for special purchases. He soon found that purchasing gifts for our kiddos can be harder than it seems and I have a feeling he'll be leaving it up to me once again. He was probably gone over an hour and spent half of the time on the phone with me. He can make a run to Wal-Mart with a long grocery list quicker than this particular evening of shopping. In the end, he did well. He picked up these Star War's Storm Troopers costumes for the boys, which they thought were pretty cool and a leapster game for Delaney.


Delaney is our difficult child to buy for right now. She has lots of dolls which she loves and what she really wants now is a real baby! She's just so grown up, which kills me. I gave her a gift card to Build a Bear. She thought it was a credit card which thrilled her to no end. I explained it's purpose and she is very excited about going to pick out something.
Since the boys are in love, which is stating it mildly, more like obsessed with all things Star Wars, they really wanted Star Wars shirts. They had told me many times about another kid in their class with one. So, when I found these on clearance at Wal-Mart, I had to get them. Here they are proudly displaying their shirts. Rick calls them little nerds!
And, here they are cheesing it up displaying their gifts for us that they made at school. Life is so fun!

1 comment:

April said...

I love the artwork. I will have to do those in my classroom. We just went to Build a Bear this week for the first time....why didn't we think about opening one? It was so neat!