Saturday, February 5, 2011

Blizzard Days 3 & 4

Well, pure laziness has set in on my part. I spent about half a day cleaning house but most of my days have consisted of cooking way more than normal, eating, reading, eating, watching the news, eating, playing games with kids and did I mention eating??? At one point, I actually convinced myself I could make the pioneer woman's cinnamon rolls. Luckily, the real me doesn't keep yeast on hand. I have managed to shower, change clothes and even attempted to exercise a few days, but I'm pretty sure my family has forgotten what I look like with make-up. It seems that every project I think of taking on would require shopping. But, I now have big plans for decorating the upstairs and turning it into a family area rather than toy storage this summer-if I have a summer vacation.


The kids have actually fared pretty well, but I think they are beginning to reach their limit as well. Delaney has asked daily to go to the library, which I keep telling her is closed. I don't think she thinks I'm telling her the truth. (Really, I'm almost out of books as well so I would love for the library to open!)


We scrounged up stickers and items to decorate their Valentine's boxes for their school party. We've played most of our board games, the boys finished their Harry Potter marathon, and the kids have been playing, Harry Potter, casting spells and attending the school of Hogwarts. Listening to them is hilarious, as Jax tries to take on an English accent. I am actually pretty lucky in that they are pretty good at finding ways to entertain themselves.




















By yesterday evening, they were getting pretty rambunctious. Rick has made a run to the grocery store but the rest of us have been here. Today, the boys are seriously hoping to make it to see the final Harry Potter movie at the theatre. I'm not sure that's going to happen but hopefully, we will at least make it to Nana's house or somewhere outside of these walls before we go completely crazy!
signature

No comments: