Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Happy 10

Rick,

Tomorrow, we celebrate ten years of marriage. Sometimes, it's hard for me to imagine being married ten years. I suppose that's because then, I would have to admit that I'm getting older. However, what's even harder to imagine is a time when we weren't together. Our first years weren't probably the fairy tale we had imagined, and our life didn't exactly happen in always the time frame we desired, but God knew better and blessed us immeasurably.

We are such opposites in so many ways, but fortunate for us, we always share the same goals, even if we see different paths to get there. And being honest, we couldn't say that every day for the past ten years has been wedded bliss. We've let the ordinary daily tasks of life get the best of us, we've forgotten to put each other first at times, and we've shared disagreements. But, through it all our commitment, and trust in one another has never wavered. I would also add that when it comes to parenting, from our early days of sharing feeding duties and forming an assembly line at bath time, to our current schedule of juggling activities, we've always made a great team.

Our marriage hasn't ever really been about grand gestures, but more about the little things. In honor of our tenth, I have listed 10 reasons, I love you. (some big, some small)

1. You always introduce me to the millions of people you know, even though I fail to introduce you to just the few people I actually know.

2. You are willing to go to the grocery store, multiple times if needed.

3. You help me find my phone every time I misplace it, without a lecture.


4. You know to ask me, "Do you have the tickets?" before we get too far down the road and keep silent when we have to return to get them.

5. On vacation, you understand I need my coffee and go out of the way to make sure I have my morning java.

6. You are decisive, something I lack.

7. You didn't run when the doctor said, "triplets."

8. You are the best Dad three kids could ask for. You put their activities, and their wants before your own and are always there to guide them when they need it most.

9. Your always there to remind me that God is in control.

10. And, you love me, even with all my faults.

On our wedding day, I trembled throughout the ceremony-not because I was nervous about getting married, but from being in front of a crowd of people. Throughout the ceremony, you held my hands, and stroked them gently. I knew this was your way of trying to calm me. That day and every day since, you have continued to ease my fears, and take my hand when I need you most. May be a bit cliche' but with you by my side, I know everything will always be okay.

Happy 10th anniversary, Babe! I hope you enjoy a little trip down memory lane. Just to warn you the 90's really weren't all that kind to me! :)




signature

2 comments:

Devin said...

Congratulations on 10 years! This is a beautiful post!

April said...

Such a beautiful video! Great job Tammy :) Congrats guys.