Sunday, October 3, 2010

Being Spontaneous

That's not a statement typically associated with the Ward family. But, I guess this gorgeous weather has left Rick and I craving the great outdoors. Recently, we had both been tossing around the idea of a back yard tent camp out with the kids. Saturday afternoon, I was embarking on a new adventure, taking two kids to the mall to shop for fall clothes, when Rick text me, asking if I wanted to take the pop out to the lake, and join some friends for camping that evening. Knowing what a gorgeous day it was and not knowing if we'd have another opportunity, I said yes. This is so not like us. There was no time for planning or list making. I returned home, grabbed some clothes for all of us, packed a few things and then headed to Wal-mart for the necessary ingredients for S'mores.

Something I hadn't anticipated was how cold it would get that evening. Turned out that there was only two blankets in the trailer, so Rick had to make a quick run home at 10 that evening because the kids and I were freezing.
All in all, our time was short but sweet. I think we learned a couple of important lessons. Number one, we'll be adding more blankets to the trailer. Number two, not every big event, even camping, has to be on the agenda to fully enjoy it.

signature

No comments: