Friday, January 1, 2010

Ring In, Ring Out

This is how I began the decade. I was newly engaged and managed to convince my fiance to go all out for Y2K. We bought tickets to a New Years Eve Hotel party and were all dressed up in our little black dresses. I think this is the last time, we actually went all out for New Years. (Yes, I do have pictures of Rick and me but they are not scanned, so this will have to mark the occasion). I have to admit, I enjoyed the music, dancing, and the big countdown to midnight. Most importantly, I spent the year with my two best friends in the world and the one I loved.
How fast time flies! Ten years later, I marked the end of the decade with a quiet evening...well as quiet as it gets with three kids. No make-up, sweats, and pajamas was the dress attire. We ordered pizza, and played a mean, very long game of Monopoly.

Here's our little money hungry, railroad owning, hotel mongrel who won the game!

And, I was the big loser of the evening. However, I would definitely count myself as a winner in life. All I have to do is look at these faces to appreciate a quiet evening at home, no matter what day of the year the calendar states. There was no big countdown to midnight, just kisses goodnight a little before 9:00. But, once again, I consider myself blessed to have ushered out the decade with the ones I love the most.



Happy New Year!!!


post signature

No comments: