Thursday, July 16, 2009

Plan B

As crazy as it may sound, I typically have a plan for every day of the summer. Even if that plan is just to stay home, hang-out, or accomplish some tasks; there is always an agenda floating around in my head. I have also pretty much passed along this insane trait to my kids, who will always ask what are we doing for the day or week. Today's plan was to meet some friends at Big Splash early in the day, something the kids were really looking forward to. But, due to the overnight rain, the morning wasn't looking so good and our friends decided for various reasons, that we should wait for a better day. This caused some distress amongst the little people in the house, including a few tears to come to terms with a new plan. It was decided we would wait and go to Big Splash on Friday with their cousins and then Delaney and Jax wanted to go see a magician/ventriloquist at the library. Baylor was a bit reluctant, but of course he is the one who laughed hysterically. I was cracking up, just watching him. After our free entertainment, I could tell the kids weren't exactly excited to go home, so I decided we should try out a local frozen custard shop.
The boys decided on chocolate in a cone. As they began to try and devour their treat, it dawned on me that they really haven't ever had a large ice cream cone. We use to get some miniature free sample cones at McDonalds on occasion, but they had never had anything this size as their very own. I like ice cream, but it's not something I typically buy or even think about stopping to get that often. Baylor was making a huge mess and it didn't take him long before he decided I should scoop it into cup for him, where he ate every last drop. Jax stuck with it for quite some time, but finally decided he couldn't quite keep up so he threw his in the trash and ate Baylor's cone. Delaney was probably smart enough from the beginning to realize that the cone would be more work, and she wanted every drop of her ice cream! (Just like her mom).
Guess, we'll have to make a point to work on the art form of eating ice cream skills!

1 comment:

Shannon Koeninger said...

Reason number 10,002 why you are skinny and I am not.....you don't often think of stopping to get ice cream, and I often think of reasons why I SHOULDN'T stop and get ice cream....