Monday, July 6, 2009

The Fourth

It's was kind of a slow start to the day, as we waited for the evening to roll around and the festivities to begin. The kids were very excited to get the day rolling. It's funny how things in life manage to come full circle. I remember my dad always spending the big bucks on fireworks, while my mom complained that she might as well set money on fire. I sort of had those same thoughts as we were purchasing fireworks this year. Of course only ten dollars was spent on the kid's fireworks, while the big kid purchased the big firework! I tried to keep my thoughts to myself and roll with the spirit of the holiday because I remember as a kid, I absolutely loved the Fourth of July and the fact that Dad indulged us in this area.
The kids loved the new slide.
I had one chance to try and get a good picture of everyone together. They were ready to light some fireworks.


The evening was cut a little short as storms began to roll in about the time the guys started to light off the big stuff. The kids sat down and watched the show, while I started packing us up and it didn't take long before the rain hit.

No comments: