Friday, June 5, 2009

Our Very Own

Library Cards!!! Yes, who knew it would be so exciting, but the kids have been begging me for their own library cards for some time. I finally caved this week and agreed. We've been doing the summer reading probram since they were 2.5 so it was probably the next logical step.

For whatever reason, this seemed to mean the most to Jax. He begged to go first and then could hardly contain his excitement as the lady was processing his information. He was muttering under his breath, "my very own card." You would have thought he had won the lottery.

Jax is trying to proudly display his, "I got my first library card" sticker on his hand. Nope, I haven't lost a child, but Baylor decided to go with Rick to run some errands. We were planning a more lengthier set of errands to Tulsa. He wanted us to get his card for him but I'll take him back another day. He was having a rough day so a little one on one time was probably good for him. I had forgotten how much easier two kids could be.


No comments: