Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's Here

Technically summer doesn't begin for another few days, but one step outside indicates otherwise. The heat is here and the only place to be is near water so we headed to the city pool or the first time this season. Their swimming skills from last year are slowly returning. The city pool doesn't allow anyone to go off of the diving board wearing a life vest; however, this wasn't going to stop Jax. He quickly summoned the courage to take the plunge. Once he survived, Delaney said, " I want to try," and she was off for a successful jump and swim to the side. And, that was all it would take for Baylor, who had adamantly declared he wasn't going minutes ago, to cave and go for it. That's what I call peer pressure at its finest!The kids jumped, jumped, jumped, and jumped some more. I was exhausted just watching them-to have that energy again! They were naming all of their little jumps (twister, eagle, snakety snake?). This actually reminded me of when I was a kid and my cousins/friend and I would do the same thing. I was fortunate to have an above ground pool and we spent countless hours jumping and playing in the pool. It kind of put the whole pool debate in perspective for me. It's nice to think of the kids making endless memories in their own backyard.

No comments: