Thursday, August 2, 2012

Another Summer's End

I can't believe I just typed those words, but it is reality. We've been lucky to spend several days hanging out with friends at our pool but we decided we needed to get in one last day to celebrate another summer's end.  The kids enjoyed ice cream and singing along to some of their favorite songs.  I don't think any of them, with the exception of Delaney are super excited to start school again, but I do think they are a little excited to start a new school and see their friends again.




For me this won't go down as the most relaxing summer on the books.  My transition to Skiatook has been labor intensive, moving, painting, and unpacking.  Not to mention, my mind hasn't really stopped thinking about school knowing that I will be teaching a new grade. I am, however, thankful for a few months of  less activities, more time to spend with my kids, and no routine.  So, ready or not...it's back to school time!

No comments: