Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween FUN

Planning for this Halloween began way back in January when the kids fell in love with Star Wars. At the time, I wondered if all three would still agree once October rolled around, but they were 100 percent locked in. This made my job super easy and although I am obviously biased, I think they make a pretty cute Star Wars crew.
Our Halloween fun festivities began last Sunday with the annual Good Guy Carnival at church. It's so fun to see everyone all dressed up in their costumes and the kids enjoy the games.Tonight, some friends came over and we had a nice chili dinner and then went Trick-or-Treating. After a dreary October, it certainly went out with a bang and blessed us with a beautiful mild evening. We hit a couple of Trunk-or-Treats and then headed to a neighborhood that typically goes all out for Halloween. Once again, they had a garage haunted house. The kids remembered it from last year and were pretty psyched to go again. Of course as we approached, they almost changed their minds, but with a firm grip on our hands, we made our way through. This year, I can say they really enjoyed it.
Baylor seemed a little sluggish all evening, but I thought he was just being Baylor. However, towards the end of the evening, he began to complain that he wanted to go home because his head hurt. As soon as I began taking him out of his costume, I realized he was really warm and sure enough he had a 101 temperature. Ahhh....


post signature

No comments: