Sunday, October 18, 2009

Break from Routine

This year the kids fall break and mine did not coincide. I was a little bummed at first but it actually worked out great. I was able to take them to school and pick them up each day, not to mention actually get a few major tasks accomplished. While we weren't able to spend fall break doing our typical fall traditions, we managed to enjoy each day with simple things. It was nice to do the ordinary little things with them that I don't always get to do when I am working. I even went to their school one day and had lunch with them. It was nice to concentrate on just being a mom.

One evening the kids decided to put on a concert. Typically they dance to music but this was all about singing their new favorite song, "Livin' on a Prayer," with a few added rock star moves. Sometimes moments like these are simply the best.






post signature

No comments: