Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holiday Baking

Last night, Rick made party mix or as he refers to it, "Daddy's Killer Holiday Party Mix." I have to admit, I am not a party mix person but Rick's mix is something special. The smell of butter as it bakes really makes your mouth water. You can imagine what we had for breakfast.
Our Christmases begin tomorrow so we baked our cookies for Santa today. Typically Santa requests Oatmeal Raisin, but this year we decided to make some sugar cookies. Before we could bake today, Delaney informed me that she needed to get on her "cooking outfit" and this is what she came up with. I guess since she didn't have a chef's hat, she made do with her winter hat. Guess, I need to get my kiddos some aprons.
The boys iced a few cookies and then lost interest. But, Delaney stuck around to finish more than her share and also help mom with baking pumpkin cookies.

No comments: