Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Tradition

For as long as I can remember I have always spent Christmas Eve with my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Until about four years ago, we always gathered at my grandpa and grandma's. However, after adding five great granchildren to the mix, Grandma and Grandpa's small house just really wasn't feasible. The change in location wasn't necessarily a tradition I was eager to let go of. After doing something for almost thirty years, it was hard to make a change, but I have adjusted and I make sure Grandma brings her famous pumpkin pie. Our gathering was a little smaller this year. A few of my cousins were unable to make it and of course without Grandpa things just weren't quite the same. However, we managed to enjoy all our holiday food favorites, presents, and for entertainment the kids played the Wii and the big kids played Rock Band. In the end, it was another enjoyable year with lots of laugher and family fun.














Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

April said...

We love to play Rock band! We just got our own for Christmas...you guys will have to play with us sometime.