Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day 2008

Our first stop of the day was to my mom's where we celebrated with my family. It was a beautiful day so the kids played outside. The kids thoroughly enjoyed playing with their uncles, aunts, and cousins. After seeing Uncle Patrick up on the roof fixing a vent, Jax and his cousin Braylon tried to figure out how Patrick had gotten up there. They decided that he must have used a pole located against the house. First, Braylon tried to shimmy up the pole, but didn't quite make it. Rick turned his back, because it appeared that the boys had given up and decided that must not have been the route Patrick took. Only seconds later, he turned around to see Jaxon reaching the top of the pole and climbing onto the roof. This is something I did as a kid but not at the age of 5. Of course like all good parents, Rick summoned me to take a look and then I went back inside to grab my camera. The rest of the kids soon followed but needed a little assistance making it to the top. I must add before anyone calls DHS, we have threatened Jax about ever repeating his spiderman climb.

Our second feast of the day was at Laura's house. The kids enjoyed playing hide and go seek ,and pretty much being catered to by their older cousins. We enjoyed a huge meal. The kids even ate more than in years past, except for Jax who stuck with his diet of rolls. By the end of the day, they were exhausted. They were out within about 20 minutes of our drive home.

It was interesting to see my kids repeating some of my childhood memories, eating at the kiddie table, playing with their cousins and finding little adventures.

No comments: