Friday, October 17, 2008

A Wonderful Fall Day

Today we visited the Pumpkin Patch in Bixby. Last year we went to a small pumpkin patch in Owasso, but it just wasn't the same. The kids really enjoy climbing all over the mounds of pumpkins. I wish I could have got some better pictures, but it seems impossible to get a picture where all three are looking at the camera. It also seems that they have forgotten how to smile, so I often get the fake cheesy smile. All in all, in was an absolutely gorgeous day to be outside. Baylor insisted on riding a pony. I actually got some genuine smiles while they were riding. For the first time I also let the kids paint their pumpkins which they thought was pretty awesome. They started out with great pumpkin faces but then they just kept painting. They just didn't want to stop. So, we have some really big mouthed pumpkins! We also carved out a large pumpkin to plant flowers in. I must say I felt a little like Kate from "Jon & Kate, plus Eight" with all of the mess. But in the end, everyone washed up just fine.

1 comment:

Gavin's Mama said...

Looks like you all had a blast!!! Love the kids shirts!