Saturday, October 18, 2008

Greatest Show on Earth





Being a triplet or multiple actually paid today, literally. When I was pregnant many people told me that multiples could get all sorts of free stuff. I did a little research and actually that wasn't really the case. We did receive a couple of cans of formula, a package of diapers for each baby, and lots of coupons which I was very grateful for. But, one of the interesting discoveries was from Ringling Bros. and Barnum Bailey Circus. After receipt of each of their birth certificates, they sent me one free circus ticket for each of them, good for their life time. I was beginning to think we would have to travel to see the circus as Ringling Bros. hadn't been to Tulsa in the past five years. However, in the end I think it all worked out because five was the perfect age. At times, Delaney and Jax were laughing, but for the most part Baylor watched intently. Compassionate Baylor told me several times that "they" better be careful. Jax, while impressed with the acrobats told me that Spiderman was even better. Baylor told his Nana, "It really was the greatest show on "Earf". You should have been there.

What I didn't pay in ticket prices, I made up for in concessions. We tried to keep it to a minimum and definately said "no" to the $20 flash lights, but we coudn't deny them cotton candy. One bag of cotton candy was $12. The marketing frenzy of programs, toys, cups, snow cones, etc was insane.

1 comment:

April said...

$12 for cotton candy? Wow! We wanted to take Austin so bad but after purchasing 3 tickets at $13 each they threw in a $45 convenience charge which made it almost $90! Be glad you had the free tickets...that is so cool!