Thursday, December 23, 2010

Words With 7 Year Olds...

A little frustrating but also very entertaining!

Since last spring, I've had my own addiction/obsession with the iphone ap, Words With Friends. The kids are always interested when I play and have asked on many occasions if they could play. I finally caved the other evening and added the ap to their iTouch. I figured what's the harm in them playing one another, so we spent a good portion of our first day of vacation playing. So far, they haven't completed a game but they are learning more and more as they go along. Delaney and Jax get to a point and then just resign if they can't figure out a word to play. At this point, Jax and Delaney have a game going which is about half way finished. Jax is especially good with adding up points and knowing how many points he's behind. They've even managed to teach me a few two letter vowel combinations that I didn't know existed. Maybe what entertains me most is that while they are playing, they refer to each other as their screen names.










signature

No comments: