Saturday, September 11, 2010

Seventh Birthday

Here's my trio on their actual birthday, which also happened to be picture day and grandparents day at school. It's the best picture we could get, considering it was about 6:20 in the morning and we still needed to run by the donut shop to pick up donuts for their class. Saturday, the kids celebrated with a few friends. Trying to keep things somewhat simple, I ordered cupcake pics from Etsy a while back, but the boys had their hearts set on having light sabers that crossed. I thought...surely, I can pull that off. Well, not so much but it was just as they had envisioned, so they couldn't have been happier. Since the boys had a cake, I had to make sure Delaney had one as well. I managed to pull of some decent looking cupcakes, but thought better of attempting a monkey. And thank goodness, because it turned out oh so cute and delicious! She also made some cake balls that were out of this world! The cake was much bigger than I had anticipated. We ended up with way more cake than we ever needed, but everyone was happy. If I didn't mention it before, cake balls are my new love. Oh my!





post signature

No comments: