Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

We took advantage of the holiday to not only celebrate summer's end, but also the kids seventh birthday with family. Pizza, pool, sunshine, family, and birthday cake made for a great day. It was windy and the pool was a little chilly, but the kids found plenty of entertainment in the outdoors. As usual, the kids thoroughly enjoyed spending time with their cousins.
I was trying to keep the cake simple for this celebration and they insisted on having this psychedelic, colorful cake. I tried my best, but that's all I can say. They were pleased so I guess that's all that really matters in the end.



It's always hard to see my babies turn a year older. Some days, I'm amazed at how old they seem to be, only to turn around and realize how young they still are. One thing's certain,they still make me laugh on a daily basis. A few days ago the kids were telling me about how they were learning the school fight song and that they would be traveling to the High School for a "Pespsi-See." I finally figured out that they were referring to a pep assembly. Then, in church the other day, Delaney asked if she could sit by her friend Emily, after "community service" a.k.a. communion.



Delaney runs the wrong way for a touch down!

She might be almost seven, but she's still Daddy's little girl!



post signature

No comments: