Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Treasures

My Grandma is preparing to sell her house and move in with my mom. Obviously, this comes with many mixed emotions. I am excited that I will get to see her more often but it's also sad to know the house that we spent many holidays, summers, and weekends in as a child will be gone. Today, Grandma invited all of her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren over for a little treasure hunt. She encouraged us to take whatever we wanted. It's amazing what two simple people can accumulate over time. I've never been one to spend money on kitchen ware so my collection is pretty limited. Today, I walked away with some nice skillets, bake ware, Pyrex casserole dishes and an ice cream maker. I know I'm getting old when I am excited about kitchen stuff.

You won't find this sold in stores. One of our most beloved treasures is this marble board. We (grandchildren) spent endless hours playing many games with our grandparents but marbles was one of our favorites. This board has logged many hours of play and has even traveled across country and made its way to the lake countless times. We could be very fierce and competitive with this simple game. I immediately snatched this for my kids. I explained the rules and then Grandma supervised their play. Hopefully, she will play with them soon and they will make some memories of their own.

post signature

No comments: