Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Cook Out

I'm pretty sure the kids were more excited about Father's Day than Rick. They have been counting down the days until all of their cousins would arrive. When Rick and I first got married, we spent a lot of time with his family but since our move north and the fact that all of the kids are in so many activities and have their own interest, it's a rare occasion these days that we can all get together. Today, we swam, grilled and even made home made ice cream. All I can get is silly...
Jax kicking back with his dad for a little bit.


Colten and Baylor are quite the pair. It's nice to see that even with such an age difference they can get along well.

We had some technical difficulties with the ice cream maker. We ended up using the old crank and Jax was happy to lend a hand. Luckily, Uncle Clint wasn't about to give up so in the end we enjoyed some delicious vanilla ice cream.
I can remember as a kid, spending a day with my cousins, aunts, and uncles as being an all time favorite. I think my kids feel the same way. At the end of the evening, I heard my kids and Colten saying, "we should really do this more often."

post signature

No comments: