Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mat Time

After just one week of practice, the boys entered their first wrestling tournament. It's pretty safe to say that Rick has been dreaming about this day long before the kids were even born. It's also pretty safe to say, that I don't share his enthusiasm for this sport, but I do love to see ALL my boys happy so I can't help but encourage and cheer them on.

Baylor lost both of his matches. He kept looking at Rick for constant guidance. He was so focused on trying to do exactly what Rick was telling him to do that he didn't really have any drive of his own. He was pretty upset after he lost his second match; he never wanted to wrestle that kid again! This is Jax after the his first match was a forfeit. He was so disappointed that he didn't get to wrestle. Unfortunately, this meant his first live match would be against a kid who took first place in the previous tournament. Jax lost but put up and unbelievable fight. He managed not to get pinned, which was quite an accomplishment in itself, as the Owasso kid had pinned all of his other opponents up to that point. Jax wrestled his second match and easily pinned his opponent, but lost his third match by one point. It was hard to see my little boys lose and their PRIDE wounded, but I did my best to console them.
(pictures are awful!) Lighting was terrible and I just couldn't get a shot quick enough. Hopefully, I won't be complaining anymore about poor picture quality. My wonderful hubby has promised me an early Christmas gift. :)

No comments: