Saturday, March 7, 2009

March

For some reason, it seems as if the month of March always sneaks up on me. However, I am more than ready for spring. While it seems like we haven't been up to much, the past week has been hectic and next week seems to be more of the same.

The boys continue to use any "free time" to try and unlock all of the levels on the Star Wars Lego game. Their love for Star Wars seems to have brought the boys closer, but I think Delaney feels left out at times. She has always been right in the middle of things but not so much these days. I find myself being her new playmate. She loves to play school which as one can imagine is exactly what I want to do when I get home from work. Luckily, she likes to be the teacher and I get to be the student.Monday (Dr. Seuss's Birthday), we attended family reading night at the kids school and the book fair. Of course the boys chose Star Wars books. They wanted Daddy to read to them on this particular night. It's very cute when Baylor says, "I need to read level 7 & 8." Of course what he really means is chapters 7 & 8.

Tuesday was Rick's birthday and the kids first baseball practice. Let's just say the kids have a long way to go, but even though it was very cold that night, they seemed to enjoy themselves. Delaney ended up with a slight black eye. She went around telling everyone that her dad gave her a black eye.
Tonight we finally celebrated Rick's birthday with good friends at one of our favorite places to eat.

1 comment:

April said...

Happy Belated Birthday Rick!