Sunday, January 16, 2011

Meet Bodie

Introducing the newest member of our family... Bodie Bullet! The kids have asked off and on for a year now when they could have a pet and I have managed to put them off each time. However, the past month or so they had become much more insistent. Delaney spent the night with a friend and fell in love with their dog. She came home begging for a dog and it didn't take much for Dad to agree. Besides, I think he's been secretly waiting for them to beg for a dog. I had many, very sound reasons for not wanting a pet, but in the end I also caved when it became apparent how badly all three of them wanted a dog. I suppose it's every kids right of passage. I insisted on it being a small dog that they could easily care for and since I had a maltese growing up, it was an obvious choice.


The kids were super excited to bring home Bodie, Friday evening. I think Bodie wasn't so sure about them.







Slowly, Bodie is coming around to love the three kiddos who are constantly fighting for his attention.






























For the most part, Bodie is trapped in Delaney's arms. We have to remind her that it's good for him to walk. I must say she is doing her best to care for him in every way. How long will that last?

signature

No comments: