Friday, February 12, 2010

Be My Valentine

Of all the holidays, Valentine's Day is probably my least favorite. I've just always felt that its a bit commercialized but I suppose anyone could argue that about any holiday. I knew the kids were having a Valentine's Day party at school, but hadn't made plans to attend. I guess I thought it wasn't all that big of a deal. However, yesterday, the kids suddenly asked who was coming to their party and began talking about all that they had planned. Knowing it was a bit late to make arrangements to attend, I called my brother, who fortunately was on vacation and he agreed to be their special valentine.

I then broke the news to the kids that Uncle Patrick would attend to which I was met with the following reactions:
Delaney jumped up and down, squealing with joy.
Jax said, " Sweeet! You know we love Uncle Patrick."
Then Baylor added, "Yeah, He took us fishing."

(Never mind that I carried them for almost 35 weeks, not to mention I believe I took them to Disney World). Actually, I am just kidding and was just as thrilled that they were so excited to have their cool Uncle attend.
While I typically don't go all out for Valentine's Day, I had actually bought the kids some cute cheap V-Day t-shirts. They boys said, "the ladies love me."

My Mr. Agreeable, Jax, who by the way the ladies really do love him, refused to wear the shirt. Go figure.
They sang a few song, danced to Michael Buble, enjoyed exchanging Valentines, and made strawberry floats. I am so grateful that they are functioning well in the same class. It makes days likes this so much easier. Thanks again, Uncle Patrick for making their day a little "sweeter."



post signature


I

No comments: