Sunday, October 23, 2016

Turning 13

 I suppose it's kind of a big deal. Somehow it turned into a weekend celebration.  Friday evening we picked up Emi and Tyla and the girls had dinner at Charlestons. Afterwards, they didn't want ice cream but rather Starbucks.  




Saturday, each of them took friends and we celebrated with donuts at the tailgate.  





On Sunday, they had a party and played dodgeball and other games.  Originally, this was only suppose to be the boys part but they decided to let Delaney invite a few of her friends.  It was a little crazy so I think we will be sticking to smaller celebrations in the future. 





In the middle of feedings and countless diaper changes, I remember everyone kept saying... Just wait until their teenagers.  Back then, I couldn't even imagine it, just like even now, I can't imagine them turning 16.  So far, and I do realize I've barely got my foot in the door, it's easier.  Even with the mood swings and some awkwardness its a lot easier! I pray it stays this way.  I also pray that time slows down a little. No matter their age, they always bring us great joy. 

 











No comments: