Saturday, July 16, 2016

Walking with God

The Sunday after Easter, Jax came into my room late one evening after he had gone to bed.  He asked, "Mom, can I talk to you about something?"

I of course said, yes, but also braced myself for what he was about to share as I could tell it was going to be big.  Jax emotially explained that he felt he was ready to be baptized.  He cited reasons and that he had even taken his bible to school recently to study scriptures.  I was overjoyed but also cautious in making sure he understood his choice. We had visited Park Plaza that day and Jax was insistent that he be baptized at Broken Arrow, which I fully agreed with.  That evening, I prayed that this would be Jax's decision and not influence Delaney or Baylor into making a decision that they might not be ready for.

The next day, I discussed Jax's decision with Delaney and Baylor and they both agreed that this was Jax's moment and didn't show any interest, only expressing joy for their brother.  Rick felt like his Dad would enjoy the honors, as he never got to baptize his own children.  And of course, Russell was thrilled.

So, on Sunday, April 10th, surrounded by family and friends, Jax was baptized.

Video

He has grown up, literally and figuratively so much in the past 6 months.  I'm am so proud of him.  Watching your children grow is definitely bittersweet.









No comments: